Stephen Ave. & 2nd St.
N48° 25.352′ W97° 24.355′
Grafton Parks and Recreation
weekdays between 8am and 4:30 pm.
Situated on 20 acres within an oxbow of the Park River in Grafton, ND is the Historic Elmwood House. The house features fine art glass and Birdseye maple and oak woodwork. One of the highlights is a splendid carved stairway. The house was built in 1895 by C.A.M. Spencer, the state’s second attorney general, and was later purchased by William C. Treumann, commander of the North Dakota Volunteers, followed by Luther and Mary Nancy Williamson, owners of one of the state’s last independent milk companies. The Historic Elmwood House is open by appointment only. Call Grafton Parks and Recreation at 701-352-1842 weekdays between 8 am and 4:30 pm.